The International Contact Group met at Ministerial level by videoconference on 17 September.
- The International Contact Group met at Ministerial level by videoconference on 17 September.
- The Group welcomed the participation for the first time of Argentina as full member and announced that Bolivia would be stepping down from the Group.
- ICG members concluded that conditions are not met, at the moment, for a transparent, inclusive, free and fair electoral process.
- All obstacles to political participation must be removed in order for a meaningful electoral process to take place.
- ICG members welcome the call to the international community to observe the elections, as a fundamental guarantee of transparency, freedom and fairness of any future electoral process.
- Increased donors support for the humanitarian response, as Venezuela remains one of the least funded humanitarian crises in the world, is much needed.
- The ICG stands ready to assist the UN HCHR in her efforts to ensure the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms in Venezuela.
- The full respect of political rights in the country requires the return of Venezuela to democracy and the rule of law.