RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, Oct. 23, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The Saudi Arabian Government has launched the Sustainable Tourism Global Center (STGC), a multi-country, multi-stakeholder coalition that will accelerate the tourism sector's transition to net zero emissions, as well as drive action to protect nature and support communities.
- HRH Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman announcesmulti-country, multi-stakeholder coalition
- Sustainable Tourism Global Centerwill support millions of stakeholders, including SMEs, travelers, governments, academia, NGOs and the private sectoron the transition to net zero
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, Oct. 23, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- TheSaudi Arabian Governmenthas launchedthe Sustainable Tourism Global Center (STGC),a multi-country, multi-stakeholder coalition that willaccelerate the tourism sector's transition tonet zeroemissions,as well as drive action to protect nature and support communities.
- With theglobal travel and tourism sectorresponsible for8% of global greenhouse gas emissions, Saudi Arabia has prioritized urgent action to support this important sector in its transition to net zero.
- "Saudi Arabia, following the vision and leadership of His Royal Highness the Crown Prince, is answering this vital callbyworking with partners - that prioritize tourism, SMEs and climate - to create a multi-country, multi-stakeholder coalition, that will lead, accelerate, and track the tourism industry's transition to net zero emissions.
- The impact of the global pandemic on the tourism sector highlighted the vital importance of multi-country, multi-stakeholder collaboration.