* Media Statement Border Closure Extension
- Ottawa, Ontario--(Newsfile Corp. - June 18, 2021) - The Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) is today calling the extension of the Canada U.S. border closure a "gut punch" to the millions of Canadians working in the tourism industry.
- This delay is a blow to the entire tourism economy and sends the message that Canada is closed for safe, vaccinated travel.
- With the summer season now almost completely at jeopardy, morale in the tourism industry is at an all-time low.
- Media Interviews: Beth Potter, President and CEO of the Tourism Industry Association of Canada is available for interviews by contacting: