Jotup is a next-generation knowledge platform that brings together all your notes, files, tools, information sources - and team members - in one place, the way you want.
Jotup is a:
- Hierarchical note management system supporting multiple content types, to manage all your knowledge in
- Ecosystem of
- AI-powered tools, to accelerate insight from the said knowledge and
- Information sources, to build upon and expand it
Providing you with an AI-powered ecosystem of powerful tools and high-quality information sources, Jotup evolves with you. Our aim is to make your knowledge work, no matter how complex, be frictionless, fast, and productive - beating pen-and-paper every time.
Built ground-up for the post-paper era, Jotup lets you:
- Create clear, complex hierarchical notes on the fly
- Collaborate with others and maintain an ever-synchronised "group brain"
- Automatically and instantly import, extract, summarise, and save information, whatever its format
- Effortlessly keep abreast of the latest news, commercial, research and statutory information that's relevant to what you're working on
- Customise your experience with whichever tools and information sources you need
Below is a more detailed list of the Jotup's present and future features.
Hierarchical, with the ability to create complex outlines of different types of content on the fly.
At the root of everything in Jotup is a Notebook:
Notebook Collaborative, hierarchical collection of all other types of content. You can have many Notebooks, all with different team members.
Inside Notebooks, Jotup supports many different types of content. You can mix them together in any way you want. Some content types will interact with each other (e.g. Event, when inserted under Contact will associate with it), and many content types interactively do something, powered by our AI.
Knowledge, beyond paper
At this time, Jotup supports the following content types, although many more are planned for:
Topic Groups other types of content.
Note Basic note, similar to default entries in other notes tools.
File Saves any file of approved type, with optional description field.
Web page URL of any publically-accessible web page and an automatically-generated summary thereof. Embeddable content shows up within the summary.
Document Any common type of document, displaying, where supported, in a compatible editor, plus an auto-generated summary of it.
Academic paper Same as document, except the summary is tailored to the academic paper format.
- News system:
Newsfeed Delivers News based on your interests.
News Latest news, commercial intelligence, research and regulatory/statutory information.
News copy Your own copy of any News item, which you can move around, modify, etc.
- CRM / ERP - style functionality:
Task Something to go, assigned to either yourself or your groupmates. Optionally can have a deadline.
Lead Content type for tracking a person or any other entity.
Contact Contact person / entity within a Lead.
Event A record of something that is going to happen or has happened already.
There's also an API that lets authorised users / partners work with content types, and even create new ones.
Collaboration, done right:
- All Jotup notebooks are collaborative
- Automatic, wiki-style collaborative revision system for all types of content
- Event tracking, both globally and on individual notebook level
- Jotbot, a deep integration with Slack and other collaborative tools
- Collaborative note / document editing
Your Jotup experience is modular & supports limitless customisation with numerous tools. From performance-enhancing AI-powered summarisers to integration with other platforms you love, we’ve got the entire knowledge-creating experience covered.
- Collaborative, visual editing of any Content type
- AI-powered automatic reference management
- GDocs, MS Office integration
- Jotup as remote drive
- Integration with other platforms, such as Slack and MS Teams
- Task management, including reminders
- Sync-able calendar
AI / Summarisation:
We've built a universal summarisation backend, capable of summarising, tagging and generating insight from a wide variety of different sources and formats. The system automatically extracts important information, then summarises and tags it, thereby saving you from the drudgery of manual input, and letting you concentrate on analysis rather than data entry.
Automatic content extractor-summarisers are triggered when saving or updating certain content types, and in case of News this happens continuously as Jotup receives news from our content partners and other sources. This is the complete list of :
- Already working:
Web links / pages ( Web page)
News, commercial intelligence, research and regulatory/statutory information ( News)
- In progress:
PDF and other documents, including .docx, .odf formats ( Document)
Academic research ( Academic paper)
- Planned, in near future:
Presentations / PowerPoint - slides will extract into hierarchies in Notebooks
Spreadsheets / Excel
3rd party summarisers via Jotup API
Powered by our own sense-making AI, Jotup is able to act as a knowledge mediator between you and highest-quality sources in your field, be it news, research, or regulatory and corporate information of all kinds.
Simply create a Newsfeed somewhere within your notes, tell it your interests, and it will continuously scan for latest information relevant to your work.
Jotup is currently directly connected to the following external sources:
It's also possible add your own - via RSS URLs; Jotup is also able to be connected to your institutional knowledge management systems, from which content can be pulled directly into Notebooks.
You can have multiple Newsfeeds in each Notebook.
You can view the news results within the individual newsfeed, or on an aggregated basis for every notebook and notebook collection.